The recent collapse in operating margins has made it very clear that operational excellence for oil and gas companies is no longer an option. As recently as February 2020, the conventional wisdom was that “$60 oil is the new $100 oil.” However, it is apparent that Basis of Estimate pricing ranges between $20 and $40 will be the industries’ reality for the foreseeable future. The mandate for the oil and gas industry now: Reduce cost structure and increase operational execution.
- Oracle premium support for all the older versions of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, other than the E920 release, ended on March 2020.
- Oracle will release quarterly updates for JDE E920 customers. These updates consist of newly added features in addition to bug fixes.
- Being on JDE E920 also provides customers with the latest enhancements in terms of enhanced user experience, a platform for innovation to enhance productivity, and business process transformation to drive rapid business growth.
- As a result, there is rush for JD Edwards customer to upgrade to the latest release, stay supported, and stay current on JDE E920.
- Many customers have a heavily customized JDE environment, and are concerned about the effort, the timelines and cost to upgrade to the latest JDE EnterpriseOne release.
- COVID-19 has created a new normal for customers that has resulted in some postponing their JDE upgrade plans. They need to run their business by surviving today while preparing for tomorrow and recover.