Headquartered in Prague, the client is one of the leading producers of non-woven fabrics. The client was looking for a technology solution provider in the United States to support the IT infrastructure and enterprise applications for the newly de-merged environment. Birlasoft partnered with the client to manage end-to-end application and Infrastructure Managed Services.
IT leadership at client's end was operating under extremely aggressive timelines to transition support for end-to-end IT services, which included both Infrastructure and Application management support. They quickly needed to align an expert solution provider to manage the transition with minimal business impact.
Birlasoft has deployed 24*7 offshore shared services with the below support structure:
- 24*7 shared service desk for all services managed by Birlasoft.
- Network and voice support provided for over 150+ devices.
- Nutanix and VMware support provided for about 150+ virtual servers.
- Storage support provided for about 90+ TB of storage
- Avamar disk-based backup of 60 TB on Data domain
- Citrix environment support for production line applications
- O365 support for about 350 mailboxes
- MS SQL support for 25+ DB servers
- SharePoint support for production line apps
- Microstrategy application support including datastage and BI
- Oracle JD Edwards CNC, functional and application support
- eReq application support
By engaging with Birlasoft, the client was able to benefit from the transition of support on multiple fronts:
- Single vendor, whiteglove engagement including application and infrastructure managed services, encapsulated with a single point of entry through the Birlasoft service desk.
- Seamless inter and intra team handshakes resulting in improved stability and reliability of IT operations to support the critical product line application backbone.
- Flexible, cost effective and scalable operations due to the Birlasoft’s shared services whiteglove engagement model.