Learn How Birlasoft Helped A Global Paper Manufacturer to Migrate From SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA And Enabled Real-Time Reporting And Analytics Using SAP BI.
The client is one of the largest paper manufacturers in the world with more than USD1.5 billion of revenue and more than 4,000 employees.
The company intended to move strategic changes to its enterprise business processes
- Streamline business processes across multiple business units to improve operational efficiency
- Get real-time insights into sales effort and align sales goals with organizational objectives
- Build a unified Business Intelligence (BI) Framework across all Business Units
- Offer quick reporting and real-time dashboards to leaders to make data-driven decisions
- Reduce support hours for managing business processes, reporting and analytics so employees can focus on core business areas
- Develop a flexible and scalable BI platform to respond quickly to market dynamics
The customer needed to transform SAP ECC its business processes to increase productivity, As a result the company's Enterprise Transformation Journey began with a Greenfield SAP S/4HANA 1610 implementation, using SAP's Activate method with 90% standard best practice.
Birlasoft planned, executed and implemented a 14-month project to accelerate production speed and inventory insights in the customer organization, with embedded analytics and MES integration with S/4HANA. Additionally, global templates of business processes were developed across U.S., Canada, and Germany to support increased mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activities and improve integration speed. Furthermore, Our client needed to simplify global compliance and accounting standardization (GAAP, IFRS, etc. with multiple ledger/currency), and optimize user adoption with 150+ SAP Fiori apps to replace legacy GUI and manual processes for PO approvals and invoicing.
In the first phase, Birlasoft successfully implemented S/4HANA solution at the client site. In the second phase, we integrated the customer's third-party systems with SAP BW/4HANA, which provided a single source of truth for all organizational data. Also, SAP business object was leveraged to extract real-time reports and build intuitive dashboards.