Birlasoft qualified on all the parameters that the customer was seeking from its partner. Our proven credentials in implementing MSCA and our proposed solution WMS All-in-One covered all the customer requirements and addressed all their areas of concern.
After the project completion, the customer declared that one of the key reasons that they selected Birlasoft was because of our capability of being a single source solution provider for RF-expertise, sourcing and support for the project as part of our WMS All-in-One solution.
Some of the compelling reasons for Birlasoft implementing the MSCA and WMS All-in-One were:
It allows an organization to perform common warehouse and shop floor transactions from any location in the manufacturing facility through the use of handheld devices. These include handheld Radio Frequency (RF) units etc. This Application enables a real-time interface to Oracle Applications through a built-in user interface. It provides the ability to access the system from anywhere, wherever the RF network coverage exists. This enables an organization to complete transactions inside or outside the manufacturing facility.
WMS All-in-One Features
- Wireless Infrastructure: RF site survey and installation, current coverage, corporate security requirements
- Mobile Data Collection: Handhelds, fork truck mounted units, workstations, device management
- Logistics Expertise: Warehousing, Logistics and Manufacturing expertise
- Auto ID Labeling: Bar codes and/or RFID, shelf and bin labeling, barcoding process documentation
- Label Printing from Oracle: Standard labels or custom, vendor compliance requirements, rules-based labeling
- Oracle WMS/MSCA Setup and Configuration: Proper setup and configuration to match business processes
- MSCA is pre-integrated with several Oracle Applications.
Through the second phase, Birlasoft enabled In Application support feature for some of the customer programs. Subsequently Birlasoft jointly worked on the UPK architecture to make UPK Knowledge Center available over internet for users outside customer network. The next step was integration of the UPK environment with customer's Learning Management System (LMS).