Our client is a leading distributor of specialty hardware, tools and safety materials for professional contractors. The company offers an extensive product inventory, combined with will-call, site delivery and direct-ship options. Employing the most knowledgeable pros in construction supplies, including hundreds of outside account managers, our client ensures professional solutions and unmatched customer service.
The company intended to establish Master Data Management (MDM) and Product Information Management (PIM) governance within their current ERP inventory operations and new product introductions to further publish good quality product data to various product data channels.
The customer had these key MDM needs:
- Establishing single Master product data governance subsequently after ERP inventory process
- Product data stewardship and management of daily product data updates
- Incorporating independent New-Product-Build-In product data
- Complex governance by functional roles of Environmental Health & Safety, Pricing, Data custodians & Data steward groups
- Migration and consolidation of manual source item data and conversions of unstructured product content and classifications
- Single source view and management of specific product ERP data
- Supporting enriched quality product data for superior and growing ecommerce and print catalog systems