Our customer is a leading manufacturer of premium writing, text, cover, specialty and private watermark papers. The company is known for a strong commitment to quality products including elegant cotton fiber papers to unique translucent sheets, catering to designers and corporate executives across the globe.
As a global enterprise, our customer had several business processes and a diverse system landscape. With growing business operations and burgeoning customer base, the company was facing challenges with their existing E Business suite (EBS) system. The current system was proving to be a hindrance to their future growth in driving process improvement and operational excellence. The other challenges they were facing were:
- Existing EBS system was not providing capabilities to maintain images, search on particular attributes and compare attributes of their products.
- Company was looking for avenues to provide their sales executives better product searching capability on various parameters so that they can respond to customer's request quickly
- As the company’s legacy EBS system was causing substantial increase in support and maintenance, they were looking for standardization and streamlining of the business processes for faster time to market of products, sales availability, increasing efficiencies and product revenues while lowering process costs.
The company has been leading an enterprise-wide business transformation initiative to enable growth through speed, quality and innovation. As a part of this initiative, they were looking to improve product data and development processes.
Birlasoft recommended Oracle Product Data Hub on Cloud, deploying global taxonomy and global processes while establishing data governance and Business rules.
Birlasoft helped the customer in deploying Product Data Hub (PDH) that provided the ability to define and deploy human workflow to enforce data governance policies, lessen errors and accelerate product launch which were the crucial needs of the business. Some of the other key benefits the company gained are:
- Standardized and automated process: The order planning along with shipment execution, tracking of complex detentions, penalties/incentives and discounts were standardized. These were also automated to improve the placement of trucks by configuring primary and secondary levels of service providers to achieve share of business scenario. The shipment tracking was optimized by providing execution of gate events and running events functionality on Tablets.
- 360 degree view of products to users: Oracle Fusion Product Hub provides central repository of Product Data. PDH collects product information from various systems, stores it in a centrally managed repository, consolidates, cleanses and enriches the data, and then shares it across systems, as well as with other external and internal parties. This resulted in reduced maintenance, improved accuracy and faster new system and product introductions.
- Quick response to customers RFQs: Rich interactive user interface with comprehensive embedded Product Data analytics allowed the sales executives to quickly respond to customers RFQs.
- Increased revenue for Sales Executives: PDH provided visibility to substitutions, Cross-sells and Up-sells resulting in increased revenue for Sales Executives and improved performance, throughput, scalability, and total cost of ownership
- Time and Cost Savings: The optimized architecture provides near real-time updates to Product Hub Cloud with inventory details like on hand quantity making it easy for Sales team to check the latest details on a Product.