Our customer is a global specialty pharmaceutical business that develops, manufactures, markets and distributes specialty pharmaceutical products and medical imaging agents. The company’s Specialty Pharmaceuticals segment includes branded and generic drugs and active pharmaceutical ingredients, and the Global Medical Imaging segment includes contrast media and nuclear imaging agents.
In December 2011, the parent company of our customer enterprise announced it would spin off its Pharmaceutical entity (our customer) in June 2013. We had had recently worked with the customer on assessing Enterprise One for their North America commercial operations. They concluded that since they were already using JD Edwards World, moving to EnterpriseOne 9.1 would be the most logical step for them as it would mean that they get a superior, sophisticated and economical solution which can streamline their business processes and help them achieve cost savings post the spin off.
Birlasoft implemented JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 throughout the customer's warehouses and offices across the world. Currently, the team has deployed Enterprise One across Asia Pac, most of Latin America and the schedule for 2014 is to deploy in Brazil, Argentina and Europe. Additionally, the team is underway on a project to upgrade to 9.1.2 with an expected cut over date of late May 2014.
- Streamlined the financial operations and improved the accuracy of financial reporting through JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Financial Management and its sub-modules such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and General Ledger.
- Efficiently managed the complexity of different types of orders from multiple channels in a way that minimizes order entry costs, exceeds customer expectations, and ensures order profitability through JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management.
- Leveraged Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Management to pinpoint, real-time item information at any inventory location throughout their global supply chain.
- Implemented EnterpriseOne localization modules to meet statutory requirements for many countries.
- By developing global vanilla processes using EnterpriseOne out of the box functionality, they have been able to expedite their roll outs and minimize business disruption.
"Going with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 was an easy choice for us. We were familiar with Oracle JD Edwards World and we were confident that EnterpriseOne 9.1 be a superior and economical solution that could definitely meet our needs. We partnered with Birlasoft and did a vanilla implementation and have been extremely pleased with the results."