A worldwide provider of industrial gases, including atmospheric, process and specialty gases. The company also designs, engineers and constructs cryogenic and non-cryogenic supply systems.
The client was having challenges in maintaining its quality incident records. In the current process, the quality check records were maintained manually which led to inaccuracies and ambiguity of the available data. This was partly due to the fact that the client did not have any effective means to document quality incidents happening at its plant. The client required a solution as this had led to some significant cost impacts.
Some of their key requirements were
- Precise and accurate record keeping solution replacing the current manual process
- Efficient process to document quality incidents that occurred in the plant causing significant cost impacts
Birlasoft analyzed the key requirements of the client and inferred that SharePoint 2010 would be an ideal tool to resolve the challenges that the client was facing.
Birlasoft has successfully implemented the solution and delivered the following benefits to the customer:
- Elimination of manual system enables servicing approximately 2000 plants
- Effectively track the Quality incidents and take corrective measure to reduce the impact
- Electronic access of records for Audit and Legal purposes