Berlin, GERMANY- March 3, 2014: KPIT offers tools and solutions for system analysis and design, as well as development of embedded systems. The company recently launched the latest version (V 2.4) of their premier software tool, 'medini™ analyze, for functional safety and reliability engineering. medini™ analyze is designed according to ISO 26262 functional safety standard to provide tight integration of the safety and reliability analysis activities into the development process. The software seamlessly integrates into various tool landscapes with interfaces to requirements management (e.g. IBM Rational DOORS), architecture design (e.g. IBM Rational Rhapsody, EnterpriseArchitect), software development & simulation (e.g. MATLAB Simulink/Stateflow), configuration management (e.g. TortoiseSVN, IBM Rational ClearCase), team work & workflow management (e.g. IBM Rational Team Concert), and legacy data (e.g. as CSV or MS Excel import) systems.
Commenting on the launch Dr. Olaf Kath, Practice Director, Functional Safety said "KPIT's functional safety products have been most preferred by the automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers across the globe. Extending the functionalities of the medini™ analyze further, the 2.4 version enables reliability engineering by automating the usage of failure rate catalogues thereby reducing the efforts required to propagate changes throughout the development process".
Highlight of medini™ analyze 2.4 - Reliability Engineering module:,
- Enables determination of failure rates for parts based on element specific formulas derived from failure rate catalogs and handbook data
- Enhanced failure rate predictions capabilities with IEC 62380 Reliability Data Handbook, Military Handbook 217F- Notice 2 and the Siemens-Norm 29500 (versions 2011 and 1996)
Highlight of medini™ analyze 2.4 - Functional safety module:
- Safety analysis and design according to ISO 26262 for software controlled safety related functions, and generation of ISO 26262 work products
- Integration of architectural/functional design with functional safety analysis methods, in addition to support for situation analysis, hazard and risk analysis, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), probabilistic analysis and hardware failure metrics
- medini™ analyze is a registered trademark of KPIT