Enterprise architecture of an organization should be perfectly aligned with business goals while being flexible enough to support strategic business transformation. Enterprise Architecture Planning (EAP) can ensure that the organization’s enterprise architecture provides a comprehensive view of the entire organization, as well as of the systems, technologies, architecture and processes that constitute it.
Birlasoft's Enterprise Architecture Group partners organizations to identify their future vision, and plan a seamless transition to the future. Our focus is not just on reducing complexity, but on making businesses agile.
Organizations need to undergo rapid transformations to drive business growth. The key challenge is to plan for more than:
- One project at a time?
- One application (or solution) at a time?
- One business unit at a time?
What Birlasoft Provides
Birlasoft assists organizations in creating an Enterprise Plan using the Simplification, Standardization or Modularization approach. We have a proven EAP process, which ensures a smooth transformation from current state to future state, helping organizations define how IT will enable their business. Our approach leverages industry best practices, frameworks and the client's EA platform and assets, wherever required, together with Birlasoft's own set of assets and capabilities to bridge any gaps.
Our EAP process includes the following steps:
- Launch EA Initiative
- Confirm Scope, Approach, Objectives, Goals
- Understand Business Context, Strategies, Imperatives
- Develop / Confirm Technology imperatives and guiding principles
- Diagnose Current Capabilities
- Prepare for assessment
- Assess capabilities
- Validate capability discovery
- Create Vision and identify opportunities
- Create vision
- Create business capability blueprints
- Identify and prioritize opportunities
- Validate opportunities
- Blue Print future state
- Summarize blueprint requirement
- Develop blue prints
- Business Architecture
- Information Architecture
- Application Architecture
- Technology Architecture
- Validate EA
- Create roadmap
- Define and integrate opportunities into initial plan
- Develop implementation plans
- Develop business cases
- Validate plans
Effective Enterprise Architecture Planning enables organizations to derive maximum value from their enterprise architecture, attaining benefits such as:
- Improved alignment of business and its strategies, facilitating improved tactical and strategic executive decision making
- Improved transparency, value communication and better governance in IT, resulting in reduced complexity in important areas such as information technology, organization structure, customer sales and services
- Lower IT spending across IT staff and technologies
- Increased solution value and performance