The treasury, one of the most important segments of a banking organization, is responsible for managing business processes and reducing costs. Effective treasury management is important for banking institutions to become truly global by integrating their physical and financial supply chains. Smooth and efficient treasury management mitigates risks through vital applications - aspects that Birlasoft caters to. Birlasoft brings with it, extensive experience and expertise in maintaining, testing, re-engineering and support for treasury applications. All our solutions are supported by the perfect mix of business analysts, project managers and quality assurance resources.
A vital component for any business, effective Treasury Management poses the following challenges:
- Foreign Exchange Management and monitoring of Exports, Imports and Foreign currency inflow and out flow
- Asset Liability Management, for competitive pricing of new products and manage liquidity
- Mobilization of capital and funding the Balance Sheet, to take timely advantage of new business opportunities
- Risk assessment and ensuring operational control in mitigating risks due to cross border operations
What Birlasoft Provides
Birlasoft provides its expertise in the following areas:
- Knowledge of international changes in the banking industry with wide experience in Asset-Liability maturity gap management is a significant part of Birlasoft's service offerings. We help banks assign appropriate pricing for their products.
- The treasury department, through its dealing operations, books forward purchase/sale contracts at the request of their export/import customers. Birlasoft offers services to identify open Foreign exchange positions and proactively suggest hedging by market trend analysis, which reduces Bank's foreign exchange risk.
- Foreign currency transactions, in the Nostro account, require reconciliation with mirror accounts maintained at the Treasury department, after settling payments to the customer. With respect to certain foreign currency transactions, customer settlement is done in local currency at an agreed exchange rate, based on the market rate plus the bank’s margin. To track and settle the exchange rates further, for a given transaction, the 'RET-AD', Reuters Electronic Trading and Automatic Dealing, electronically captures the required information. Birlasoft offers services in efficient & accurate reconciliation of these transactions, depending on the bank's practice and procedures followed.
When an organization ensures effective treasury management, he benefits attained include:
- Shorter time to market
- Improved efficiency and efficacy
- Reduced cost of operation, thereby retaining competitive edge
- Increased productivity