Birlasoft started its journey into Six Sigma from 2001 and today Six Sigma forms an integrated part of our processes. We have been able to make more than 5 million dollar savings for ourselves and more than 3 million dollars for our customers. Birlasoft leveraged Six Sigma processes for CMM Level 5 journey and it was because of the process improvement approach through Six Sigma, we were able to achieve level 5 in record time of 12 months.
Six Sigma Program features
- We have more than 1000 people trained as Green Belt and more than 60+ people as Black Belts.
- We have 150+ projects going on Six Sigma, in the areas of Improving SLAs, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Resource Utilization and many for our customer’s main areas.
- At Birlasoft we use DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) Methodology for improving existing processes and DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) in a DMADV (Define, Measure, Analyze, Design and Verify) for the development projects using the tools of Six Sigma in engineering areas.
What it means for our Customers
- The methodology brings in Customer Focus and Wing-to-Wing Approach.
- Defect Reduction up to 60% using Six Sigma Tools and Cycle Time Reduction up to 15% improving Productivity by 15%.
- Tangible Cost Savings for the customers.
- Improved Performance and Customer VOC (Voice of Customer) from 4 to 4.77 on a scale of 1 to 5.